[lbo-talk] planned economy [was: Hamid Dabashi on Iran]

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 13:11:56 PDT 2009

Sure. But these societies have, today, overcome that economic backwardness and industrialized (unless you're in the unenviable position of Moldova or Georgia or Uzbekistan -- regions that served an agricultural role in a country that no longer exists). So central planning has lost its appeal and, indeed, its point.