[lbo-talk] planned economy [was: Hamid Dabashi on Iran]

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 07:34:29 PDT 2009

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> All things are relative, but "healthy"? The Soviet Union
> was not known for its fantastic health indicators.

[WS:] I think what she meant was "having easy access to health care" - which made all the difference in the world, when you compare USSR to, say, African countries.

But health is a function of many things, including or perhaps especially the lifestyle and that was not very conducive to good health - smoking, drinking, poor diet (high on carbs and meat low on veggies).

Wojtek