[lbo-talk] paranoia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 18:21:51 PDT 2009

I doubt it tremendously. The Orange people have been totally discredited since they started shouting "traitor!" at each other. Intuitively, I ould think it would be either Yanukovich or somebody associated with him. That is, somebody from the Eastern Ukrainian group.

Really, the Orange government was a collossal failure in every respect, even by their own criteria. Ukraine has not moved a centimeter nearer to either NATO or EU membership. NATO and the EU do not want basket cases as members. Nor does NATO want a country to be a member in which NATO could only enter the eastern half as an occupying army. NATOP membership for Ukraine would most likely involve civil war, and I really don't think that Germany and France want to offer up their own citizens as cannon fodder.