[lbo-talk] exploitation of pro-athletes was Re: Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:40:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Eubulides <paraconsistent at comcast.net>wrote:

> It also presupposes the self-ownership thesis; a doctrine G.A. Cohen has
> argued, rather convincingly, leftists should abandon.

If our concept of value is scientific it shouldn't be affected by what moral theories we adopt. I'm skeptical of the utility* of "value" as an economic concept in general, though.

Sports are a weird market. Star athletes' production point is positional. There are huge subsidies. &c.

*I'm terrible, sorry.