[lbo-talk] Rousseau v. Marx

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 20 08:42:36 PDT 2009

Chuck Grimes writes: "Carrol, shame on you for hiding the essay in a thread on pro-sports, and reducing it to an answer to the endless carping over moral views."

"New Angel" called the list's attention to this important essay long ago. I have cited it several times in other threads, using particularly the same quotation I gave this time. I even posted a complaint aboaut the list ignoring the essay, suggesting that no one had read it. One or two people indignantly procllaimed that they had read it but did not bother to comment on it. It's as though, for this list, living contenental thinkers simply don't count. I don't know whether it is Anglophonic snobbery or what, but no one seems to be actively inteested in what is going on now in European marxist thought (leaving aside such circus performers as Zizek).

Perhaps your response will rouse a bit of interest.

Carrol