[lbo-talk] Iran protest news sources

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:25:06 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Carrol Cox<cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> R*egardless of what happens in Iran, they are going to end up with a
> tyranny. The only question is whether it will be a reasonably patriotic
> tyranny or a tyranny subordinate to western interests.

You're an ass. You have no idea what's going on in Iran, partly because you don't have any interest in actual events and partly because no one knows what's going on: the actions there are complicated and fluid, but what seems clear is that they don't fit your model of revolution, so you don't recognize them. For you to sit on your perch in the heartland and proscribe the possibilities for other peoples' action while they are still going on makes you worse than cynical. It makes you irrelevant. I always thought Doug was too harsh on you re. your ideas of social change. History is proving that he was correct.