[lbo-talk] Clinton seeks to upgrade ties to 'US-India 3.0'

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 04:37:32 PDT 2009

http://sify.com/news/international/fullstory.php?a=jgskOpdidei&title=Clinton_seeks_to_upgrade_ties_to_%27US-India_3.0%27

Sify News

Clinton seeks to upgrade ties to 'US-India 3.0' 2009-06-18 10:50:00

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton turned to computer speak as she called for an 'upgrade' in the US-India relationship to a new version she dubbed 'US-India 3.0'.

Speaking before the US-India Business Council and an audience that included representatives from offshore outsourcing companies, Clinton said the US-India relationship needs an 'upgrade'.

She dubbed this new version of their relationship 'US-India 3.0' saying finally: 'I want to put us in the solutions business.'

'We find ourselves at the beginning of a third era. I'll call it US-India 3.0,' she said confirming that she would visit India next month to discuss details of the new partnership that new governments in Washington and New Delhi will build together.

Continuing the computer speak, Clinton said: 'I want to put us into the solutions business. In order to achieve that and realise the benefits of this 3.0 relationship, we need to build on several natural platforms.'

'So four platforms of cooperation - global security, human development, economic activity, science and technology - can support us in launching this third phase of the US-India relationship.'

-- My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of the same poverty. - Jorge Louis Borges