[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 18:40:04 PDT 2009

> Well no kidding. I really don't see how that's relevant to how Iranians
> feel about their president being a Holocaust denier. It's one thing to
> deny your own country's crimes, especially recent ones; it's another to
> deny the well-established crimes of another country long ago.

Well, how many "educated" Americans know or care that their government essentially denies (or "overlooks") the well-established Armenian genocide -- not based on some crackpot belief, but for geopolitical purposes? Which is more "embarrassing": having a theocratic clown deny genocide, or having "educated" technocrats doing the same?

Dennis