[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:36:07 PDT 2009

I wonder when Rafsanjani became a recruit to US imperialism. Was it before 1997, whereupon his imperial overlords failed to notice? And if not, how has he changed since 1997? Or what about Khatami? Also a recruit whom we failed to notice? And those bad hejabis are, no doubt, willing tools of neoliberalism.

Oddly enough, even though I suggested the obscure "catonism" as a better term than "fascism," my Iranian comrade in a recent email had no hesitation in referring to "the inexplicable defense of fascism by segments of the US left" (referencing, in particular, the garbage Yoshie has been posting at MRZine).

MM