[lbo-talk] Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:02:40 PDT 2009

Well, if we're looking to stretch the analogy, we would have to imagine a 2000 in which: (1) Bush was already President and had instituted a level of internal repression harsher than that found in Cheney's wet dreams. (2) The Republican Party was owned, lock, stock, and barrel, not by ordinary Christian fundamentalists, but by the "Christian Reconstructionist" wing that takes Calvin's Geneva as a model. (3) The fraud was far more massive and overt than what occurred in Florida.

That aside, "other than the spirit and commitment"? Doesn't anyone else here wish that protesters had the spirit and commitment to fight the cops in the streets for days on end and make a corrupt Supreme Court think twice before going ahead with Bush v. Gore?

MM

How is this any different from those protesting Al Gore's loss in 2000