[lbo-talk] values and social change - WAS Re: Hamid Dabashi on Iran

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 05:43:18 PDT 2009

"Counts" how? The civil rights movement did not change the basic structure of the US social system (as many people like to bemoan).

I can think of lots of incidents in US history of a small minority trying to adjust the larger social order to fit their model. The right wing movements of the 1970s-90s are an obvious instance, but there have been lots of others.