[lbo-talk] Reviving the DiggLeft project...

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Jun 24 09:26:01 PDT 2009

On Jun 15, 2009, at 1:29 PM, Michael McIntyre wrote:
> I'd be willing to give it a go. I would download the Pligg 1.0 and
> then
> what?

No downloads needed. I would set it up on a site and manage it for us, you will only need to contribute links and vote on contributions.

Here's what I have done to get us going: I signed up at Slinkset which is a service that provides Digg-like capabilities for custom use. I also set it up to auto-import blog posts to Doug and Michael's blogs.

See: http://left.slinkset.com/

Note that this is not Pligg. If we like this service, we can keep it, else I can setup a Pligg instance based on how well this experiment succeeds. I can also register and add a custom domain to either this service (Slinkset) or to my Pligg instance if that's the way we choose to go. I will need suggestions for a domain name (keep in mind that simple domain names are gone, but we may still find some interesting possibilities with the recently announced .me domain: enlighten.me perhaps? ;-)).

Aarok Stark mentioned that someone in Z Mag was attempting something similar. If you have more info please let me know. I would rather not duplicate and split work already underway.