[lbo-talk] reviving the DiggLeft project

Aaron Stark aaronsta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:40:51 PDT 2009

ravi wrote:
>Aarok Stark mentioned that someone in Z Mag was attempting something
>similar. If you have more info please let me know. I would rather not
>duplicate and split work already underway.

I found the thing I mentioned-- it was actually started by someone who has posted to lbo-talk in the past, Taysir John Gabbour ( http://www.zcommunications.org/blog/view/1873).

http://www.reddit.com/r/parsoc/

It was focused on Participatory Society/Participatory Economics. It doesn't look like it has been used in a while. Due to that, I don't think there's much danger of work duplication, especially if this project is to have a wider left focus. (I'd be happy to be wrong though, if anyone is planning on restarting the Participatory Society Reddit.)

>I will need suggestions for a domain name (keep in mind that
>simple domain names are gone, but we may still find some interesting
>possibilities with the recently announced .me domain: enlighten.me

Too bad it's not really on Digg (the Slinkset interface looks very nice though); I liked DiggLeft.org or DiggLeft.net. The latter domain name is available, but it might cause confusion if the site behind it actually wasn't Digg. How about postleft.net ? I also like enlighten.me-- it might catch the interest of people who don't think of themselves as leftists.

-Aaron