[lbo-talk] as if -- question for Dabashi too

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 00:59:10 PDT 2009

That's not what I was saying. What I was saying is that for every Iranian who experiences it as it as a state imposing religious laws on them, with no room for democratic participation, there are an unknown number of Iranians -- 1 or .5 or 2, whatever that number be -- who experience it as the state imposing the Divine Will, something that should not be democratically determined. It's not "the people vs. the state," it's "some people vs. other people."