[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 07:18:11 PDT 2009

Of course we can't know, which is my point. However, one thing you can be almost certainly sure of is that a lot of Iranians are A-supporters, and an even larger percentage are for reforming the theocracy in various ways, not for abolishing it. I mean, as far as I can tell the protests are couched in religious terms, like, you know, the color green. Probably there are people who think that A is too secular. That's generally how societies work.

Which you will see amply demonstrated should this turn into a civil war. ;(