[lbo-talk] Michael Jackson, he dead

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Jun 26 09:25:29 PDT 2009

we're using third party APIs to pull data for the apps we build for our customers. The third party gathers data from customer traffic on our sites, processes it, and then we go back to their site to pull the processed data.

We've been having problems since 5:00 or so yesterday. This has been consuming us for hours since we are releasing an app next week, and we not only need the data for it to work, but when we're not getting jack I have to debug as to why.

There were some other issues in other parts of the company that were very similar. Our IMs crashing constantly was another problem people have been complaining about.

Ostensibly, this is all because of Michael Jackson's death, the Interwebz is overloaded apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2009/06/jackson_did_the_internet_buckl.html

shag