[lbo-talk] Righties confused by Obama's doctor

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 20:23:26 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Michael Smith <mjs at smithbowen.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:18:46 -0700
> Left-Wing Wacko <leftwingwacko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well it looks like the Righties at Forbes.com, The Drudge Report and
> > National Review Online also picked up on the article, but didn't realize
> > that it was a criticism from the left.
> >
> > What morons!
>
> They seem to be winning. So who's the moron?

Michael, Who is the "they" that you are referring to?

Well if the "they", is the ideologues of the far-right, I am not so sure they are winning. Seems to me the ideologues and propagandists of the far-right do not want any kind of health-care reform, even if its the worst kind of Massachusetts mandate to buy private health insurance. Any kind of state intervention into the health sector is their boogey man.

If the "they" that is winning is the insurance industry, then certainly it is the centrist Obama and mainstream Dems. who are helping them. As Obama just advertised, he is more than willing to compromise even on the possibility of a public option.

I have no doubt that this process in the end will leave the insurance industry's profits intact. And at best there will probably only be a shitty public plan.

As for who the morons are, I tend to believe that these righty blowhards actually believe what they say, and thus they totally mis-understand the situation. Maybe that is my mistake. Maybe they only feign belief that Obama and the Dems. are dangerous leftists. But I don't think so.

Sheldon -- http://left-wingwacko.blogspot.com/