[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 07:50:12 PDT 2009

chris d wrote:

I haven't expressed any opinion on what is going on in Iran at all.

Which means that your postings to threads such as "Hamid Dabashi on Iran", "On Iran", "values and social change - WAS Re: Hamid Dabashi on Iran", "Zizek on Iran" and "Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)" -- all of which were about the Iranian election, subsequent unrest and general political scene -- have been almost entirely off-topic.

Shag, on the other hand, has been consistently on-topic offering the informed opinions of Azadeh Moaveni. You're free to ignore those opinions (a freedom you exercise with zero restraint). But it's bad form to criticize her for attempting to broaden the debate.

It's even worse form to dismiss her efforts (which, again, were always ON topic) as being somehow idiosyncratic.

.d.