[lbo-talk] 1400%

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Jun 28 10:19:46 PDT 2009

On Jun 28, 2009, at 1:15 AM, Michael Pollak wrote:

>> It seems to have no mention of 1400%. Can someone shed some light
>> on where this number comes from?
>
> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20090622/009288.html

Ah, I should have searched the archives for 1400. Thank you Michael. On the face of it, I must agree these numbers looks suspiciously impossible. The chart in the Chatham House report has a column for Non- voters in 2005 but no such for 2009 (or am I reading it wrong). And assuming that 2005 numbers for Kordestan are close to complete (i.e., there isn't a large chunk of votes in that region that are not represented in the corresponding row), it looks like the turnout was 60% or less in the area. Which seems much lower than the national average. I wonder why. Also need to Google who the reformist candidate was in 2005.

--ravi