[lbo-talk] Tell them we are democrats (was: freedom to swim)

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Jun 28 18:24:20 PDT 2009

so, you're saying that the iranian revolution and gender is a peculiar concern?

as for the jibe in my post, i'm referring to your habit of superficially responding to other people's posts.

Someone says, "apples."

Chris says, "That reminds me of the color red. I saw a red poster today. It said..."

Meanwhile, the person's original intention, appreciation of belly dance or whatever, has ZIPPO to do with that, and veers out from whatever you were able to fit into 140 chars or less.

as for my quoting of Moaveni, and assumption she speaks for all, you could only say that if you never bothered to read what I quoted. (And I've already noted, it sounds suspiciously like a confession, since it is your habit to speak as THE expert on Russian opinion and you get all snotty if anyone dares question you. You are an american expat in Russian, therefore everythign you have to say is Truth.)

I dn't assume everyone cares, I do _know_ that some people care to read on these topics. Hence, I post them because I know some people on this list appreciate them. Like everyone else who posts a lot here, I get posts from lurkers and members thanking me for posting the stuff. Other times, I've got notes from people who just stumbled on the archives. When I adjuncted in FL, people knew me from my posts here and at other lists.

This isn't unusual. lots of people on this list have the exact same experience. I know this personally, because I write them to tell them thanks. This is just normal human behavior.

so, I post this stuff, not even because I expect to broaden the conversation as Dwayne said. I often post it for the people who will never join in for whatever reason. That is, I post because I know there are 500 people subscribed who read here to pick up just this sort of thing. The same way that I totally love surfing the archives to read the stuff Yoshie's posted in the past.

Just as you have your fans who read your every post.

Deal with it.