[lbo-talk] A poem for revolution

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Jun 28 23:03:35 PDT 2009

God tells me, in our endless conversation, Revolt is only pride.

No, revolt is only life. You are not life. You are death. I despise you.

We haggle on into the gloom, playing chess as in the Bergman film while the storm rages outside....Revolution, revolution, revolution.

The death of my mother in my arms, trying to put my breath into her scared chest. The slippery liquid that rushed out with the birth of my son, a perfect being. Oh, I love you. My tears of joy that I have only a memory, in my remorse. I have loved. I have been alive. I have revolted against all that is.

CG