[lbo-talk] Free Bernie!

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 21:58:24 PDT 2009

Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> writes:

> At 5:45 PM -0400 28/6/09, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Jailed for our sins?
>
> More seriously, I guess all this piss and wind from the judicial
> system is an indication that there's no intention of any substantial
> reforms of the financial system to actually put a stop to pyramid
> schemes. No doubt that is seen as impractical, given that the world
> financial industry is pretty much based on them.

The money quote from hizzonner:

“This is not a bloodless financial crime that just takes place on paper, but one that takes an enormous human toll,” Chin went on. “Symbolism is important not only to send a message that individuals will be sentenced to the fullest extent under the law… but also for the victims.”

...who won't be prosecuted, unfortunately.

-- In Solidarity, Billy O'Connor