[lbo-talk] I say banana, you say bikini (was: those exotic Iranians)

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jun 30 09:42:03 PDT 2009

Well, they feel the compulsive need to do so and, with ravi's latest, have blamed it on everyone else. but here's how to convo went down:

1. I mistakenly referenced instances of gender segregation as part of what made Iran distinct from Russian - and upper middle class aspirations comparable

2. Doug posts about "freedom to swim" quoting Proyect on Lenin about a much larger issue

3. I corrected Doug as to the real issue

4. Meanwhile, Doss is hootin' n hollerin' about how goofy it is to swim in a dessert

5. Claxton points out that women want to swim enough that they have burkinis.

then a lot of jocks joking about bikinis.

The opportunity to keep it focused on "serious" stuff has always been there, and proposed -- always -- by doug, me, and claxton. It's the rest of you that were reduced to giggles, guffaws, and snickering like a bunch of jocks riding the away game bus.