[lbo-talk] pansy power

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 08:18:56 PST 2009

You guys are making this way too complicated. The "-sy" or "-y" suffix in English has a diminutive function, as in "my little dolly" or "pussy cat" or "dandy." "My wittie bittie baby-waby." It's baby talk, which is reminescent of a certain kind of speech pattern commonly associated with male homosexuals. Thus, pansies are appropriate in a way that, say, dandelions or roses are not. "He's a real dandelion!" Nope, doesn't work.

There is no deep significance here. ;)