[lbo-talk] hegemon succession

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:38:58 PST 2009

> And after Ireland goes through 6 months of savage deflation because it's in
> the Euro zone (while the UK suffers less much on the pound) I wouldn't be
> surprised if EU finds they vote down the Lisbon treaty again.

I reckon that's on the tightrope. People here are quite desperate - and thus, quite unpredictable. People in Ireland don't really talk about politics (or anything), so you never no where they're going to go on these "swing-voter" issues. Freud once said that the Irish were completely immune to psychoanalysis. They were too enclosed to interpret. The same goes for politics generally. I live here, I see the polls... I have no idea...