[lbo-talk] question about the Real News

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:23:45 PST 2009

I am assuming that many if not most LBO-talkers are familiar with The Real News, the streaming video based news service that features coverage and analysis of (US) domestic and international affairs from a decidedly non-mainstream and more often than not left-wing or left-liberal perspective. I am puzzled by one thing though. Why is it that the comments section is disproportionately filled with contributions from a motley crew of hard money cranks, goldbugs, conspiracists, anti-NWO'ers, diehard libertarians, and other assorted right-wing types? On the few occasions I've posted there to challenge the nutters, if I get any reply invariably the responder mistakes me for some kind of Wall Street-Federal Reserve apologist, rather than a left-wing critic of right-wing looney tuners.

Any insights as to why the cranks bombard this site despite the fact that many of the guests are the likes of Doug Henwood, Leo Panitch, Bill Fletcher, and so on and so forth.

JG Kyunggi-do ROK

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_70faster_032009