[lbo-talk] Modern medical "coverage"

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Mar 5 12:45:30 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 05:18:36PM -0500, Michael Pollak wrote:

> All that aside, to go back to my original rant, I am embarassed to say
> that a friend of mine put his finger on what is most probably the one
> small adjustment on the part of my coverage plan that made a 20 dollar
> check up into a 200 dollar one: in the 10 years since I last had one, my
> plan must have moved complete physicals into the part that has a
> deductible. And this is the first thing I've done this year, so I got the
> full brunt.

Does your plan have a "Wellness" allowance? I have a high deductible plan ($1500) with an even higher out-of-pocket max ($5000). But it comes with a Wellness allowance of $500 for preventative care, such as a physical and associated lab work. But to use it I have to specifically tell the clerk at the physician's office to submit it to the Wellness allowance, otherwise it counts towards my deductible.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123

Everyone's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: Stop participating in it.

-Noam Chomsky