[lbo-talk] IT innovation and "the Markets"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 05:17:24 PST 2009

Including between producers, not just between producers and the outlet that sells their stuff. It's not just, "how do we get our microwaves to the people," it's distributing resources and labor between the various industries required to make microwaves in the first place. You need to coordinate mines to extract the materials, materials industry to make steel and plastic and glass out of them , industry to make the different parts, somebody else to put them together, somebody to design the thing in the first place, etc. I'm sure I can come up with more stages. It's an enormous process. A mess up anywhere will screw up the whole thing. That's one reason why Soviet appliances weren't very good.