[lbo-talk] negligible and stupid

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Mar 7 06:52:42 PST 2009

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 23:18:31 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> > "Originating" might be too strong -- or, come to think
> > of it, it might not. But it's amazing how few people understand
> > what Carrol has pointed out here -- what is, at the very least,
> > the collusive and symbiotic character of this "move to the right".
> >
> > Whoever starts the dance -- they both follow.
>
> Ok, then - who started the dance? Who's calling the tune?

I suppose we all have our own ideas about that -- hell, it's a lefty mailing list, innit?

But my point was not so much to advance my own theory -- which is probably fairly amateurish. One can observe a phenomenon without feeling sure of the right explanation.

What amazes me about DP loyalists is that they _can't_see_the_phenomenon_. It's as if a herd of lemmings were rushing over a cliff, right before their eyes, and all they can see is that some of the lemmings are in front and some in back.

History is an album of snapshots that never becomes a movie.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org