[lbo-talk] Obama Says US May Reach Out to Taliban

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 06:54:55 PDT 2009

Charles Brown <cdb1003 at prodigy.net> wrote:

> CB:If I was Obama , I'd say to the Taliban "look bros, obviously, you are
> some bad motherfuckers

It ain't just Talliban. It's what the Raj called Pathans, Pushtu-speaking people, in general. Their territory is the mountain range the Af/Pak border is on. 60% of them are in Pakistan, 40% in Afghanistan.

> because even Alexander couldn't conquer y'all,
> or was it that Alexander was the only one who conquered y'all. Whatever.

To get though the Khyber Pass took Alexander several weeks, despite having the best army on Earth at the tiime. To finally get through, he bribed another Pathan chief to attack the ones blocking him.

First Afghan War: 1840 or so, Imperial Britain at the height of their power. They sent in 16,000 men. One came out alive.

They did better in the Second Afghan War, about 1880, but still lost one major battle. Militarily, they won overall. Politically, they only achieved some of their goals. They did force a change of gov't to someone they tought they could deal with, more sympathetic to their interests.

> But look , don't you realize that chimpanzees have more
> sense than you do in that they know that you can't disrespect
>  females like you are. You dig ? You are dumber than apes
> when it come to the girls. So why not drop the extraordinary anti-women
> total bullshit and peace out ?"

When did protecting women's rights become a US foreign policy goal? I must have missed a memo.

If it is a goal, should they invade Saudi Arabia? Ireland?

-- Sandy Harris, Quanzhou, Fujian, China