[lbo-talk] Obama Says US May Reach Out to Taliban

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Mar 8 13:48:59 PDT 2009

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 13:48:20 -0500 "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Flashman?
>
> Sandy Harris wrote:
> > ... First Afghan War: 1840 or so, Imperial Britain at the height of their
> > power. They sent in 16,000 men. One came out alive...

I'm a big fan of Flashman, and this is the first post on lbo-talk in a long time that has made me laugh, laugh, laugh.

If only Obie had Flashman to send, as his imperial predecessor Pam did. Talk about a 'surge'! Those Afghan women the liberal bombardiers are so concerned about would be stranglin' their poor little brown hubbies with their burqas.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org