[lbo-talk] it's over

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 21:44:10 PDT 2009

There's always been a high degree of state intervention (in fact the term 'intervention' is misleading). Presumably to prevent things becoming even more unhinged a great deal more state intervention is to be expected. On the other hand, I am starting to wonder more and more if elites haven't started believing a lot of their own ideology (one gets this impression reading business journals these days) and genuinely think things will correct themselves--much as a badly designed bridge 'corrects' itself in the process of collapse.