[lbo-talk] sex at the margins

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 11 07:53:13 PDT 2009

Eubulides wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > "fucking moralistic shithead" is itself, of course, not a moral judgment.

> Is expressing adverse judgment on theological discourse theology?
>
> Is expressing adverse judgment on a piece of architecture architecture?

It is interesting how deeply impossible it is for so many not to be able to comprehend an adverse judgment on other than moralistic grounds. I'm not sure if "moralism" is the right term here, but something like it must be one of the fundamental perspectives of contemporary ideology. (I use "ideology" as a rought synonym for "common sense," which as Engels pointed out, often goes wildly astray.) I'm beginning to think that that old overused commie phrase "petty bourgeiois moralism" names a really deep feature of conservative ideolgy, one that even radical leftist have a hard time escaping.

Carrol