[lbo-talk] German school gunman 'kills 16'

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Mar 11 09:26:15 PDT 2009

I agree, Woj, but only to a degree. I think there's a lot more atomization and alienation these days, as capital has been very successful in reducing humans into target demos and market units. That naturally feeds one's fantasy cocoon. But pop-cult images of "cool" gangsters is hardly new -- recall how film noir in the 40s was seen as a breakdown in social morality, and how lurid pulp novels supposedly inspired drug use and rape. It's like an endless cycle with this shit, and all of it serves those who own what you and I can never own.

Dennis