[lbo-talk] German school gunman 'kills 16'

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:20:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Mark Bennett wrote:
> This being the internet and all, Wiki has a list by nationality:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spree_killers_by_nationality
>
> A brief, dismal read indicates that the US has far and away the most such
> killers, with 49 listed, and 50 soon to be.  Australia appears to come in
> second with 5.  I doubt if this list is complete, however,

It isn't, no need to express doubt.

> as none from
> Great Britain are listed, and believe there have been several of such in the
> Mother Country.

Dunblane being perhaps the most infamous, there have been others. There have also been incidents with attackers wielding knives in Old Blighty, the Daily Mail suggests that as of about 8 months ago, there was a knife attack every 4 minutes: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1036154/A-knife-attack-4-minutes-130-000-year--ministers-insist-crime-rates-falling.html

When all the guns are beaten into plowshares, muggings will be conducted with plowshares.

Percy