[lbo-talk] German school gunman 'kills 16'

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 12:23:56 PDT 2009

There's a continuum of murder that includes localized, indivualized killing on the one hand:

The conservative nutjob in Tennessee who opened fire in the Unitarian Church because right-wing talk radio had convinced him liberals were keeping him unemployed, and because the church was gay-friendly. Or the German cannibal Armin Weis who met a man over the Internet and ate him. Or what about the French, Parisian serial killer Nicolas Claux?

And then there is broader killing like the Iraq War and what's happening in the Sudan.

The market system convinces people to see others as disposable, inhuman tools of production, to be disposed of whenever it's "necessary," not my problem if they're miserable, hungry, homeless, etc., as a result, because I am the only who truly feels things.

-B.