[lbo-talk] German school gunman 'kills 16'

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Mar 11 17:59:33 PDT 2009

At 06:02 PM 3/11/2009, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>>My hypothesis is unprecedented glorification of virtual
>>or symbolic violence in mass culture.
>
>That can't be it, because we're all bombarded with that stuff and
>99.999(99?)% of us don't go out and kill even single person, let alone a
>bunch of them at once.
>
>Unless your hypothesis also includes the idea that this unprecedented
>glorification of violence is only a "societal bad" in a very, very, very
>small number of cases?
>
>/jordan

heh. completely unrelated to the topic, but similar dynamic. Agustin points out that, contra the fundamentalist feminists who argue that all johns must be crazed maniacs, if you actually look at the numbers NGOs and government agencies use to calculate the number of prostitutes and the numbers of johns they see, then there are simply far too many men visiting prostitutes for every single one to be a crazed pervert in need of jailing or drugs or therapy or some combination. IOW, it is more likely that most of the men who go to prostitutes are 'buoyz next door.' :)

shag

-- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws