[lbo-talk] Goodbye cricket, hello gulli danda

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 12 10:52:14 PDT 2009

At 12:07 AM 3/12/2009, Sujeet Bhatt wrote:
>Gulli danda is a traditional game played in the sub-continent with a
>rough wooden stick and a little wooden 'bail' and is considered a
>primitive predecessor to cricket.

Over the weekend I had dinner with friends in a Little India neighborhood in Orange County California. They had a cricket match on the tv in the restaurant and I was wondering why they never have cricket on a big cable sports provider like ESPN. I've seen them show tree trunk throwing competitions but never cricket.