[lbo-talk] The coming evangelical collapse

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:44:19 PDT 2009

"The evangelical investment in moral, social, and political issues has depleted our resources and exposed our weaknesses. Being against gay marriage and being rhetorically pro-life will not make up for the fact that massive majorities of Evangelicals can't articulate the Gospel with any coherence. *We fell for the trap of* *believing in a cause more than a faith *."

That's hitting the nail on the head. Of course, it takes a theologian of genuis to "articulate the Gospel with any coherence"; but, still, it's remarkable how these militant "Christians" are, in many cases, utterly ignorant of the Gospels, Christ, and the New Testament in general, except for The Book of Revelations, of course, read in the most literal manner possible.