[lbo-talk] Can Marijuana Help Rescue California's Economy?

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Mar 13 13:53:24 PDT 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Dennis Claxton forwarded an article which contained this quote from a retired Orange County Superior Court judge:

> Get used to it. They're here to stay [drugs]. So, let's try to
> reduce those harms and right now we couldn't do it worse if we tried."

So called 'legalization' could be worse. It would require increased bureaucracy and law enforcement to control the revenue stream that's being proposed.

martin