[lbo-talk] USA and protests -or lack thereof-

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:57:00 PDT 2009

For much less economic hardship citizens in other countries take their pledge to the streets

Yet in the U.S. it seems to me that people are more keen to go postal than do a public protest and riot at times when billions are poured to "save" insolvent financial institutions -that then report even worse results-... and little is being done to solve the problems of the heavily indebted common man...

I mean... if you watch Michael Moore´s "Roger and Me" it´s kinda pathethic to see the level of individualism at times of economic hardship...

I´m actually surprised that G.W. Bush and the financial sector masterminds can walk safely in the streets...

Maybe the right wing media has something to do with it?. Whom is Rush Limbaugh blaming now? Mexicans crossing the borders? Thoughts? Comments? Expletives? ;-)

Just thinking aloud...

FC