[lbo-talk] USA and protests -or lack thereof-

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 08:50:14 PDT 2009

Someone took their manic pill today.

> i'm endorsing is: if you have reasons for not getting involved; they also
> have very similar reasons.

I have been involved, either directly, or through other means of support (food and some money for local food banks, etc.), which is why I know about the meekness at ground level. Nobody, apart from some kid anarchists, wants to protest Obama. Even the local peace group has reduced itself to polite requests ("Please Mr. President, won't you . . . ?"). That's the reality. Interestingly, I reach more people via my blog than I ever would holding a sign alone on an A2 corner. Not that it matters all that much.

Dennis