[lbo-talk] USA and protests -or lack thereof-

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:20:46 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> I am less interested in "prescribing" these conditions than
> I am in describing them and analyzing them, if only
> for the simple reason that I think an understanding
> of the causes of social change and even of
> "revolution" can better help us to attain
> progressive social change.

Yeah, and for similar reasons it's worthwhile analysing state reforms and crisis management. Eric was talking a while back as if those of us discussing the stimulus package etc. were trying to help capital out. On the contrary, the extent to which states are able to manage the crisis and how they try to do it are of huge importance to the far left.

Mike Beggs