[lbo-talk] Roubini, March 5

Charles Brown cdb1003 at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 16 06:00:03 PDT 2009

Chuck: Thank you, Ian. Why didn't I say that, that well? I confess to using ideology,  propaganda, and fraud interchangibly. For one reason, over the years here, I have gone into the more intricate details noted above, but I've gotten  tired of it. I used to call the whole complex of these knowledge structures a mythological envelop, the very lens through which we understand and interpret our world. But, I prefer blunt everyday talk a lot more these days, so I just shorthand it as fraud.

^^^^^^ CB: Your use of "fraud" here reminds of the idea of ideology as "false consciousness."