[lbo-talk] Social and Enviro conscious consumer-Sucker!

Sheldon Baker humanist.observer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:32:28 PDT 2009

Kind of silly but interesting article about the brands people thought they should buy to make capitalism socially and enviromentally friendly. But of course they are all gobbled up by corporate giants. Duh! Suckers!

http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/131910/burt%27s_bees%2C_tom%27s_of_maine%2C_naked_juice%3A_your_favorite_brands_take_another_look_--_they_may_not_be_what_they_seem/

And just imagine the author coming to your house for a party, snooping in your bathroom and making judgements about your commitment to the cause, from the article:

"Upon first meeting someone, I can usually tell a quite a lot about them by the contents of their bathroom. The brand I see most often behind medicine cabinets of people I consider to be environmentally conscious is Tom's of Maine. What Tom's says to me about the person is that they are willing to spend a little bit of extra cash in order to take proactive steps to help green the Earth."