[lbo-talk] The Nones Have it -- or do they

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 18 09:57:07 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 12:50 PM, shag wrote:

> Since this joint is kinda dead lately, I saw this referenced on
> another
> list, the American Religious Identification Survey came out recently
> with
> the headlines indicating that religiosity is declining in the u.s.

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20090309/003726.html

USA Today - March 9, 2009 <http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-03-09-american-religion-ARIS_N.htm

Most religious groups in USA have lost ground, survey finds By Cathy Lynn Grossman, USA TODAY

When it comes to religion, the USA is now land of the freelancers. The percentage. of people who call themselves in some way Christian has dropped more than 11% in a generation. The faithful have scattered out of their traditional bases: The Bible Belt is less Baptist. The Rust Belt is less Catholic. And everywhere, more people are exploring spiritual frontiers — or falling off the faith map completely....