[lbo-talk] Glenn Beck breaks down in tears, blubbers on-air AGAIN

Jenny Brown jbrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Mar 19 12:14:16 PDT 2009

Doug writes:
>But that's not Marx's method at all. Capital is full of quotes from
the contemporary press, parliamentary testimony, official gov reports, etc. Of course, Mao's Red Book is written at the toddler level, so that's another story entirely. Me, I'd rather read Sandra Boynton.

To be fair, that's a bunch of extracted quotes. Most of his works are actually speeches. But on the subject, that was Mao's method, too. In teachers college he spent 1/3 of his money on newspapers and journals, according to Han Suyin's biography. During the Long March, he was constantly collecting and reading newspapers. And of course, "No investigation, no right to speak." I like Boynton, but you've somehow gotten a cartoon version of Mao. Although ... Combat Liberalism illustrated by Sandra Boynton... you might have something there.

Jenny Brown