[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Mar 19 12:15:45 PDT 2009

>> That's wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to start.
>
> But it's a lot of why people are giving him a break ...

I think there's another angle: he talked such a good talk during the Unbearable Length of an Election Cycle that he's convinced a lot of people that he's David to the current Golliath. It's too soon, he'll come around, he's just softening them up ... that kind of thing.

It's a collective trauma from the Bush years that's willing to give anyone a break because he's, you know, not-Bush.

/jordan