[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 19 12:51:16 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Jenny Brown wrote:

> >/ /
> >/ /
> >>/ That's wrong on so many levels I wouldn't know where to start.
>
> />But it's a lot of why people are giving him a break - aside from
> the usual credulous break-giving to Dems.
>
> Evidence?
>
> Also, since when are white people legitimately passing judgment on
> how Black someone is?

Obama's father was black, but his mother was "white." That makes him "black" by U.S. racial standards, but it's a pretty weird convention, isn't it?

And, really, you don't think that Obama gets a break from liberals and leftists because of his blackness? There's just no question about it. You think Charles would be blanketing the Internet with apologetics for John Kerry?

Doug