[lbo-talk] Glenn Beck breaks down in tears, blubbers on-air AGAIN

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Mar 19 15:14:56 PDT 2009

Mao's Little Red Book isn't really a creation of Mao, it was put together by Lin Biao, if I remember correctly. I don't think that you can judge someone's writing by a best of quote book. (Althusser always was fairly positive on Mao's thought on contradiction... Laclau and Mouffe... not so much.) I also think that you can make an argument for Mao's relevance in the U.S. if only because of his influence on the Black Power movement, as well as the general Third Worldist tendency (I'm not arguing that this influence was necessarily always positive... just that there is an influence.) robert wood